Anderson Silva says he agreed super-fight against Conor McGregor but UFC blocked the bout

first_img 1 month ago Conor McGregor takes a jibe at Khabib Nurmagomedov’s tweet, ridicules his style Written By UFC legend Anderson Silva revealed that he had agreed a welterweight super-fight with the ‘Notorious’ Conor McGregor but the UFC blocked their clash. The two UFC legends had reportedly settled on terms for the bout to take place in May after Anderson Silva was called out by Conor McGregor on social media. However, despite the unanimous agreement from both sides, UFC called off their proposed meeting. ALSO READ: EA Sports UFC 4: Nunes, Jones And Nurmagomedov Among Top Fighters After Official RevealUFC news: Anderson Silva reveals UFC rejected super-fight proposal with Conor McGregorWhile speaking to Brazil’s MMA website Combate, the 45-year-old Anderson Silva revealed that he planned to take on Conor McGregor in an explosive welterweight super-fight but UFC did not green-light the bout. Silva was quoted as saying: “UFC owes me a super-fight by contract after Conor (McGregor) called me out following after my fight with Israel Adesanya.” Silva then added that his team spoke with McGregor’s and a welterweight contest was agreed upon but the UFC did not agree to go ahead with  the fight.  SUBSCRIBE TO US ALSO READ: Daniel Cormier To WWE? Vince McMahon And Team Reportedly Interested In Signing UFC LegendConor McGregor then announced his shock retirement – his third in four years – after accepting the challenge from Silva. There were rumours of the Irish star returning to the sport at the end of the year but UFC president Dana White ruled out a Conor McGregor return in 2020. McGregor’s last fight was earlier this year in January when he knocked out Donald Cerrone in just 40 seconds at UFC 246.  WATCH US LIVE Anderson Silva: ‘UFC owes me a super-fight by my contract, Conor McGregor called me out’ Anderson Silva Says UFC Denied Him The McGregor super-fight at 170lb. pic.twitter.com/9W6x2tg18r— Madnessmma (@Madnessmma_) August 18, 2020 Arnold Dsouza COMMENT LIVE TV Last Updated: 19th August, 2020 19:49 IST Anderson Silva Says He Agreed Super-fight Against Conor McGregor But UFC Blocked The Bout UFC superstar Anderson Silva revealed that he had agreed a super-fight against Conor McGregor in May but UFC didn’t green-light the bout. ALSO READ: Daniel Cormier Suffers Brutal Torn Cornea After Having His Eye Poked By Miocic At UFC 252Anderson Silva’s last fight came vs Jared Cannonier: UFC icon wants only super-fightsSilva’s last fight in the Octagon took place in May 2019 at UFC 237. Silva lost through TKO in the first round itself which was his 10th career defeat. The Brazilan fighter went on to add that he is now keen on accepting strictly super-fights as he enters the twilight years of a glittering career. ALSO READ: LeBron James To UFC? Joe Rogan Says He Would Have An ‘unfathomable Physical Advantage’UFC president Dana White revealed that he plans on putting Silva in a competitive fight against Uriah Hall but the MMA star is keen on looking forward to a potential fight with Anthony Pettis. The veteran fighter explained: “I like the proposed fight from Pettis because he was already a champion and who has impressive knockouts.”. However, according to reports from ESPN, the Silva vs Hall fight is heading towards the main event status for a UFC Fight Night card on October 31. Silva has two fights remaining on his UFC contract.Image Credits – Conor McGregor / Anderson Silva Instagram 1 month ago UFC’s Khamzat Chimaev flew to Conor McGregor’s native in 2018 to bash up Irishman  First Published: 19th August, 2020 19:49 IST 3 weeks ago Conor McGregor celebrates engagement to Dee Devlin with romantic yacht trip to France 1 month ago Dana White rules out Conor McGregor return to UFC in 2020 despite Irishman’s cryptic tweet WE RECOMMEND FOLLOW US 1 month ago Mike Tyson predicts police involvement for potential showdown against Conor McGregorlast_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *